Answered By: Christine Andresen Last Updated: Feb 01, 2019 Views: 511
Joyner and Music Libraries
Details of loan periods and overdue fine rates for each borrower type and material type may be found in the Circulation Procedure. To avoid overdue fines, keep track of your due date and renew materials early.
- There is a five day grace period for books, scores, and federal documents
- Most books, DVDs, CDs, and other materials accrue an overdue charge of $0.25 per day (or part thereof), per item with a maximum fine of $10.00 per item before an item is billed as lost.
- Course Reserve overdue fines for hourly items are assessed at the rate of $1.00 per hour (or part thereof), per item; daily items are assessed at the rate of $1.00 per day (or part thereof), both up to a maximum fine of $10.00 per item. (There is a 15 minutes grace period for hourly reserve items).
- Loan periods and charges for equipment may be found at ECU Libraries Equipment page as well.
Overdue fines are calculated when the item is returned. Overdue fees may be paid at the Circulation desk with cash, check, or credit card. You may also pay by credit card by phone at (252) 328-6518. Unpaid fines will be transferred for collection by the ECU Cashier's Office after 10 days.
Laupus Health Sciences Library
The five days following the due date is considered a 'grace period' and if the items are returned during this 5 day period, the borrower will not occur any fines. Fines will begin to accrue on the 6th day that the items are overdue. *Equipment loans offer NO grace period*
- $0.25 per item per day for overdue books, dry erase kits, heavy use collection, and poster tubes with a maximum of $10
- $1.00 per item per day for audiovisuals, with a maximum of $25
- $5.00 an hour for models, charts, and kits with maximum of $75
- $5.00 per hour or day, depending upon the equipment (laptops, cameras, chargers, etc), with a maximum fine of $35
Please refer to the Circulation Policies page for more information.
*ECU Faculty are only charged overdue fines for equipment loan items*