Answered By: William Gee Last Updated: Aug 14, 2020 Views: 2589
Joyner Library is currently offering a free notary public service. The service of a notary public is called for by various business and legal documents. A notary public acknowledges, verifies, and proves signatures and administers oaths and affirmations.
To schedule an appointment with the library's notary public, William Gee, contact him at email@example.com or 252-328-2268. His usual office hours are 9:00 AM - 6:00 PM, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but scheduling an appointment is encouraged to ensure that William will be available when you can come. Please note the following about a notary appointment.
- You will need to provide a government issued photo ID. A driver license or passport is typical; if you do not have one of those, please contact William in advance to discuss other allowable forms of ID.
- Do NOT sign any documents in advance.
- If your documents require witnesses, please arrange for colleagues, friends, or family members, as appropriate to your document, to come to your appointment with you. Some documents, like wills, often require a witness to not be a potential heir or one's medical provider.
- Please arrive on time for your appointment.
- Come to the Circulation & Interlibrary Loan service desk, located to the left as you enter Joyner Library, for your appointment and ask for William. A library employee will walk you to William's office or call him forward to meet you.
- If you have questions about locating the library or parking on the ECU campus, please consult the Directions to Joyner Library page, the ECU campus map, or ECU Parking & Transportation.
Other Notaries Public
If Joyner's notary public is not available when you need one, you may contact the ECU Cashier's Office in the Old Cafeteria Complex or email them for an appointment at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also check the State of North Carolina notary database for other providers or contact your local bank or credit union branch, as many of them provide the service to their members.