Answered By: William Gee Last Updated: Aug 14, 2019 Views: 121
Joyner Library's Circulation Desk has the following equipment available to checkout for ECU affiliated borrowers.
- Two Blu-Ray drives (external computer USB-connection)
- Two CD/DVD drives (external computer USB-connection)
- One all-region DVD player for non-Region 1 (United States) formatted DVD disks (connects to a TV)
- One music cassette player/recorder
- One negative, slide, and film viewer/digital converter for 35mm, 127, 126, 110, APS, 8mm, Super 8mm, and 35mm
CD-ROMs, CD-RWs, Music CDs, and Region 1 DVDs may be used in library desktop computers in the TRC (2nd floor), North Carolina Collection (3rd floor), and the basement.
Two VHS video tape TV viewing stations are available in the basement in the microform reader room beside the Pirate Cave Math Lab. Please wear headphones whiles viewing VHS tapes.
The Music Library offers playback equipment for the following formats.
- Blu-Ray discs
- Records: SPs, LPs, Eps, 33 1/3s , and 45s
- Please note: Headphones must be worn, and are provided for In-Library use only.
Non-Region 1 DVDs on Personal Computers
If you would like to play a non-region 1 DVD on a personal computer that can play DVDs, you might be able to do so or you might have to change settings to do so. Note that changing these settings can usually only be done five times: please read the Wikipedia overview and consult instructions for Microsoft Windows 7, 8, and 10 and for Apple Macs. Please do not change the settings on ECU Library computers or drives without speaking to ECU IT personnel first.