Answered By: Bryna Coonin Last Updated: Aug 12, 2014 Views: 29
A. Below are two sets of conversion instructions – one for EndNote version 8 or higher users and the other is for version 7 or lower users.
Converting EndNote databases (version 8 or higher):
• Log into your RefWorks account.
• Select References, Import EndNote V8 Database
• Click the Browse button and locate your EndNote . enl file
• Specify a folder to import the references to (optional – your references will automatically appear in the Last Imported Folder)
• Click the Import button.
Converting EndNote databases (version 7 or lower):
• From EndNote, select the correct Output Style for the export. Under the File menu select Output Styles.
• From the list of output styles select RefMan (RIS) Export select it.
Note: If you do not see this format, open the Style Manager and check the RefMan format. Close the Style Manager and repeat steps 1 and 2.
• Select the references you want to export.
• Under the Reference menu select Show Selected (or Show All if you wish to export the entire database).
• Under the File menu select Export.
• A dialog box appears for you to select the location where you want to save the file. Type a file name and select a location for importing into RefWorks. Select Text as your Save As type and click Save.
• Go into RefWorks and from the References menu select Import.
• Select Desktop Biblio. Mgt. Software as your Import Filter and EndNote as your Database. Browse for and select the file you just created from EndNote.
• Click Import.