Answered By: Katy Webb
Last Updated: Aug 12, 2014     Views: 46

Ask a staff member at the Circulation Desk, 1st Floor.

Faculty and graduate study carrels are available in Joyner Library for use by ECU faculty and graduate students. Study carrels may also be assigned to upper level undergraduate students requiring advanced research support, at the discretion of the Circulation Department Head. The Circulation Department is responsible for assigning and maintaining the use of these study carrels. Faculty and graduate study carrel are made on a first-come, first-served basis and may be renewed. Upon request, two faculty members or graduate students may be assigned to a single study carrel location. When not physically occupied by the assigned faculty member or graduate student, other patrons may use the study carrel. However, assigned faculty members and graduate students have priority for use of the study carrel. ECU faculty and graduate students cannot request a study carrel if their library account is delinquent. ECU faculty and graduate students requesting to use or renew a study carrel must complete the Joyner Library Faculty and Graduate Carrel Forms. Forms may be obtained at the Circulation Desk or on the Joyner Library web site. Upon assignment, faculty members and graduate students must sign the Faculty and Graduate Study Carrel Agreement form which outlines the conditions of study carrel assignment and use. Circulation will issue faculty and graduate study carrel keys at the time of the carrel assignment. A replacement charge will be assessed to the patrons' library account for the key if it is lost or not returned on the assigned due date. Library materials used in the faculty and graduate study carrels must be checked out by the faculty member or graduate student if the period of use is for more than one day. The library retains the right to enter faculty and graduate study carrels and cabinets and remove materials not checked out to the faculty member or graduate student. Academic Library Services is not liable for damage or loss of personal belongings stored in the faculty and graduate study carrels.

Related Topics

Contact Us