Answered By: William Gee Last Updated: Jan 29, 2016 Views: 150
The ECU Libraries do not purchase copies of all required or recommended textbooks used at ECU. Some might be in the collection, though; search the Library Catalog to see. Some instructors place copies of textbooks on Course Reserve in the library.
Interlibrary Loan can be used to request materials that the library does not own, including textbooks, but please remember that loan periods through interlibrary loan are typically for about a month and rarely can be extended to the full semester. Items through interlibrary loan are borrowed from other libraries and each library sets its own loan period, which we must follow.
If you cannot afford to purchase textbooks from the campus bookstore, consider the following alternatives:
- Rent your textbooks from ECU's campus bookstore.
- Share textbooks with your classmates.
- Comparison shop between local booksellers, fellow students, and the many online bookstores available on the internet. Two websites that search many online booksellers at once are BookFinder and BookFinder4U -- you might be able to find a great deal at one of those booksellers.
If you need financial aid help, grants, loans, job information, or other financial assistance, please visit:
- Library Research Guide for Scholarships and Financial Aid (links to online and print resources)
- ECU Student Financial Aid (loans and grants)
- ECU Career Center (jobs)